Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I earn points at stores with Loxal Loyalty Programs?
After signing up for Loxal, you can select all the stores where you’d like to participate. Once you’ve enrolled in the programs, all you have to do is shop at that store using the credit/debit card you linked to your Loxal account. Voila!
2. I don’t like getting SPAM, will I receive many emails from merchants?
Absolutely not, we are users too and understand how annoying unsolicited messages can be. We’ll make sure that you don’t receive messages from merchant programs you haven’t opted into; our 100% NO SPAM guarantee. If you opt in and later change your mind, our system makes it incredibly easy to stop receiving messages.
3. How do I redeem my points?
You can check your point balance at each store by signing into your online Loxal account with your username and password. When you click on a store’s profile page, you’ll see your total points and also how many points each of the rewards costs. Once you select a reward, hit redeem and you’ll see an online coupon. You’ll need to bring this coupon to the store either by printing it or displaying it on your smartphone.
4. What credit cards can I use with Loxal?
We support all credit cards, but we actually never ask for your credit card information directly. We use your credit card or online banking login details to establish a secure connection with your financial institution and automatically download your transaction information. We use this information to match your spending with the Loxal merchant programs you choose to participate in and give you points accordingly.
All we'll need from you is:
- The name of your bank/credit card (you can select this from our list of banks).
- Your username and password for your online account.
- A virtual high five!
5. I use many credit cards. Can I link more than one credit card to my Loxal account?
At this time, we can only support one credit card. We’re working on making it possible to link multiple cards. Stay tuned.
6. I’m spending at a Loxal retailer but I’m not getting points. Please help!
You’ll see a report button on the store's Loxal page - hit that and an automatic notice will be sent to us. Additionally, you can contact Loxal support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide us with the store name and your user information. We should have this fixed in no time.
7. Are points transferable across all Loxal merchants?
We want to be fair to you as our consumer, and to merchants so that they keep offering you awesome rewards. For that reason, points aren’t transferable. You’ll get rewarded for whatever you spend at an individual store.
8. I have a lot of points. Can I get cash instead of rewards?
Your points are only valid for rewards at the participating Loxal retailer where you earned them. Merchants are required to honor the rewards they offer, but nothing else.
9. What if the merchant cancels their Loxal program and I’m stuck with a bunch of points?
If a merchant decides to cancel its loyalty program we will immediately notify you. We require that merchants give a one-month period after their termination date for users to redeem any outstanding points.
10. I would love for my favorite store to have Loxal. What can I do?
Ah, we knew you’d ask that. First, tell your merchant how great Loxal is and please refer them to our website. You can also let us know and we’ll reach out to them directly, just shoot us an e-mail (email@example.com).
11. How does Loxal guarantee my online security?
We use bank-level security and the highest encryption techniques available. In fact, we use so many security layers that we had to build a separate page for this information. Please click here to visit our Security Information Page.
12. Can Loxal charge anything to my credit card?
Never. We won’t have your credit card number or store sensitive information that could be used against your account. After signing up, we’ll never display your banking details again, so there’s no risk of an unauthorized person logging into your Loxal account and obtaining your information.
13. Will you share my information with anyone else?
We wouldn’t even think about it. We’re users as well and understand how confidential your data is. We manage all of our information anonymously, using bank-level security. This means high levels of encryption. Please visit our Security Information Page and the Privacy Terms to understand all of our security measures.
14. Will you track every single one of my transactions?
Only the ones you want us to track. We only scan your data to match transaction information for the Loxal Loyalty Programs that you enrolled in.
Some security questions you might have:
15. Why does Loxal need my bank login information (username and password)?
We use this information to establish a secure connection with your bank, credit union, or credit card company to assign you reward points for every purchase you make at participating Loxal stores. We only take a “snapshot” of your card statement to pull in details of your transactions, nothing more.
16. Do you store my bank login information on your servers?
Your bank credentials are stored securely in a separate database using multi-layered hardware and software encryption; Loxal employees never have access to this. We only store the information needed to save you the trouble of updating, syncing, and uploading financial information manually. We make sure the only thing you ever worry about is enjoying the awesome rewards available through Loxal.
17. If some force of evil manages to steal my Loxal login information, can they access my bank accounts and credit cards to make any transactions?
Absolutely not. Loxal only displays (strictly as “read only” information) your point balances across stores, that’s it. Your online banking usernames and passwords are never displayed after you enter them during your first session. Not even Loxal employees have access to this. Sorry bad guys, better luck elsewhere!
18. Can someone steal my identity by using your service?
Nope. Loxal doesn’t require any personally identifiable information for you to create an account. We want to keep you safe and secure. We’ll never ask you for sensitive personal information like bank account numbers, credit card pins, or billing addresses. We’ll only ask you for the following:
- Email Address
- Zip Code
19. Can Loxal employees view my bank account numbers?
Never. This information is never seen by human eyes (other than your own). Your bank account and credit card numbers are stored securely in our encrypted databases.
Here are some recommendations to double-check that you are safe using Loxal.
- Don’'t share your password with anyone. Not even your mom.
- Make sure that your password has numbers, letters, and is case sensitive. In other words, make it complicated.
- Don't install programs from people or companies you don’t know.
If you have further doubts please visit our Security Information Page where you’ll find thorough explanations of our security measures.